GREENTOGIVE – EMPOWERING GLOBAL IRISH GENEROSITY
CONNECTION, PURPOSE & FUN
- Because of Covid-19, Charity revenues are decimated just when the demand for their support is at it’s highest.
- St Patrick’s Day is a global phenomenon, and the Globally Irish are a potent force for collaboration & change
- We will use global focus on Irishness in March & around St Patrick's Day to kick off a sixmonth community-driven constellation of Covid-aware Charity Fundraising events and activities.
- Our focus is on recruiting individuals & teams to undertake activities and create events.
- Teams, Events & Activities can be whatever participants want them to be - walks, runs, cycles, swims, meetups, challenges .. anything that's legal, safe & respectful of others.
- Imaginative & fun ideas for activities will be crowdsourced, and activities will be promoted online & locally
- Our focus is on charities related to Poverty, Health, and Climate Action.
- GreenToGive does not itself receive or process charity funds. Funds raised will be collected through platforms which transfer directly to charities.
- Our goal globally is to create 5,000 fundraising teams, events or individual activities, connected to Irishness, by September 2021.
- From early March, we will put supports (eg global citybased and celebrity promoters) in place for launch around St. Patricks Day.
- From 17 March to 17 September (6 months) our online community will recruit teams, & will support/promote activities, teams & events.
- WE NEED YOUR HELP .. get stuck in via the Community, let’s make this happen!!
WeCanMayo is funded by our Corporate Sponsors to empower their teams & communities to transform lives, society & the planet.
From the Community
- About the GreenToGive category December 18, 2020(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters.) Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules: Why should people use this category? What is it for? How […]